Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST voice translation not working

Hello,

I trying to translate the 10 digit DNIS that comes in to a 2811 via PRI to a 5 digit DN begining with "2" only during SRST.  Here is what I have configured in the router:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^813446/ /2/

rule 2 /^813513/ /2/

voice-translation-profile SRST

translate called 1

call-manager-fallback

translation-profile incoming SRST

I used the test voice translation command to test my rules and they're getting translated correctly.   The problem is that they don't work in fallback.   If I apply the profile directly to the voice port, it works fine.  I don't really want to apply these directly to the voice port since I only want to apply the rules during SRST.   Any ideas what I'm doing wrong and how I can get this to work only in SRST?   Any ideas what debugs I can look at to see what the router is doing?   I don't think a ccapi will show me want I need.

Just an FYI, I've also tried translation-profile outgoing SRST with no luck.

Thanks,

Glenn

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Are you using MGCP or H.323 outside of SRST mode? If you are using MGCP then the translations will only operate when MGCP goes down,

I think the command you were using applies translations to the calls from router to ephone and from ephone to router, rathern than to the inbound call from the voice port - which may or may not necessarily be associated with the SRST phones.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the reply.

The router is H323.   I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say "applies translations to the calls from router to ephone and from ephone to router, rathern than to the inbound call from the voice port"   What other traffic is there "from" the router if not from the voice port?

I want to apply the translation(s) to calls coming in from the PRI voice port to ephones.   Is that not what applying the translation profile to the call manager fallback should do?

Thannks,

Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: