cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G, Call History, sometimes missing leading digit

kevin0neill
Level 1
Level 1

I have several SPA504G IP Phones connected to a UC520. When you scoll through the call history of placed calls, some entries are missing the leading 9 required to redial the number. The 7945 does not have this problem. Is there a fix?

Also all phones fail to display the leading 90 when displaying received calls and missed calls. Is there a setup option for this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Your first issue seems to point ot a difference in how we process outbound calls that go through a translation rule. We will look into this.

Your second issue is discussed at length in other threads on this community, for example:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/6010

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I used CLI to get translation rules that would append a 9 to the originating number, but CCA 2.2 appears to not recognize the custom translation rules, even though the dialplan only has a few differences from a CCA-configured dialplan. CCA should be updated to allow this kind of translation.

Here are the changes from the standard CCA-configured dialplan to get this configuration (with the changes from the CCA-configured dial plan indicated in red):

!
voice translation-rule 100
rule 1 /^\+?1/ /9/
rule 2 /^\([2-9][0-9][0-9][2-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]\)$/ /9\1/
rule 3 /^\+\([2-9]\)/ /9011\1/
rule 4 /^011\([2-9]\)/ /9011\1/

!

! Here are voice translation profiles used for inbound calls

! (with the changes from a CCA-configured dialplan in red)

!

voice translation-profile DID_Called_1

translate called 1

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-rule DID_Called_2

translate called 2

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-profile DID_Called_3

translate called 3

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-profile DID_Called_4

translate called 4

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-profile TRANSLATE_INCOMING_CALLING

translate calling 100

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Your first issue seems to point ot a difference in how we process outbound calls that go through a translation rule. We will look into this.

Your second issue is discussed at length in other threads on this community, for example:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/6010

Thanks,

Marcos

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Could you provide your config for the phones?  I am not aware of this problem.  Are the calls that are missing the 9 edited dial numbers?

I am not sure why the phones would be missing a leading 90.  Does the 7945 have this work?  This could be a bad translation rule.

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I used CLI to get translation rules that would append a 9 to the originating number, but CCA 2.2 appears to not recognize the custom translation rules, even though the dialplan only has a few differences from a CCA-configured dialplan. CCA should be updated to allow this kind of translation.

Here are the changes from the standard CCA-configured dialplan to get this configuration (with the changes from the CCA-configured dial plan indicated in red):

!
voice translation-rule 100
rule 1 /^\+?1/ /9/
rule 2 /^\([2-9][0-9][0-9][2-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]\)$/ /9\1/
rule 3 /^\+\([2-9]\)/ /9011\1/
rule 4 /^011\([2-9]\)/ /9011\1/

!

! Here are voice translation profiles used for inbound calls

! (with the changes from a CCA-configured dialplan in red)

!

voice translation-profile DID_Called_1

translate called 1

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-rule DID_Called_2

translate called 2

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-profile DID_Called_3

translate called 3

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-profile DID_Called_4

translate called 4

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-profile TRANSLATE_INCOMING_CALLING

translate calling 100

The 9 missing sometimes from the dialled numbers history is only happening on my SPA504G phones.

All the phones have 90 missing from the missed calls and received calls history.

This means that the numbers have to be edited before they can be dialled.

kevin0neill
Level 1
Level 1

CLI addition required to align directory numbers and missed and received call numbers by adding 90 to all incoming caller IDs: additions in red voice translation-rule 100rule 1 /^/ /90/!voice translation-profile BasicConnectALL_Called_12translate calling 100translate called 12!voice translation-profile BasicConnectALL_Called_15translate calling 100translate called 15!voice translation-profile MainNumber-AA_Called_10translate calling 100translate called 10

Many thanks John

Now that I've ironed out the call history problems on "Missed Calls" and "Received Calls", I now have one hard fault with "Placed Calls" which just occurs on the SPA504G. When you place an outside call with a "9" no the front, this 9 does not appear afterwards in the "Placed Calls" call history. This problem does not occur on the 7945. Both phones are fitted to a UC520. Any ideas how to cure this problem on the SPA504G??

I don't believe that this is a configuration issue on the placed calls.  It sounds like a bug in the phone firmware.  Would you mind opening a case for this?  Give me the case number when you do so that I can track it.

Sorry, but my login ID does not have the required access to Create a TAC.Service Request.

Hello, I have the same problem (entries in the placed call list  miss the digit 0 to dial out) with all SPA508 phones at a customers site. All Cp7965 phones at the customers site are working correctly.

Did you find a solution do this problem? I have the same issue, SPA phones do not have the '9' prepended for placed calls, recieved and missed is fine. 79xx phones have the 9.

As suggested by Steven, a case is needed here.

Thanks,

marcos

TAC = SR 613949243 - SPA500 - call history missing line prefix

SR 613949243 - SPA500 - call history missing line prefix

kevin0neill
Level 1
Level 1

Still a problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: