cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I have two identical Route Patterns with different partitions and route lists?

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have two offices in two different locations, and would like to enable 7-digit local calling for both locations (i.e. dial 9 then your 7-digit number).  Each location has it's own PRI gateway with a route list defined for it.  However, when I have set it up this way, calls from the second location are trying to route out the first locations gateway.  Here is what I have set up:

CUCM version is 6.1.3 BE

First site: Spokane

Route Pattern: 9.[2-9]XXXXXX

Partition assigned to RP: SpokaneUserPhones

Route List assigned to RP: Spokane_PRI_Outbound

Gateway is in Spokane

Second site: Sacramento

Route Pattern 9.[2-9]XXXXXX

Partition assigned to RP: SacramentoUserPhones

Route List assigned to RP: Sacrameneto_PRI_Outbound

Gateway is in Sacramento

When I call 9XXXXXXX from a DN in the SpokaneUserPhones, it goes out the Spokane gateway as it always did.  However, when I call from a DN in the SacramentoUserPhones partition it also goes out the Spokane gateway.  I was under the impression that setting the partition for the route plan enabled identical route plans to use different route lists by restricting which end user phones would match them.  Is that possible and I just have it configured wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You're nearly there...

The thing to consider is that each number (i.e  route pattern or phone DN) has a partition. This determines what can call it.

Each device that is capable of dialling also has a Calling Search Space - this is a list of partitions which it can dial.

So you have put the Route Patterns in the Parititons that contain the phones for each site. What you will find is that the CSS assigned to the phones contains both SpokaneUserPhone and SacramentoUserPhones - and Spokane will be higher in the list. Therefore, as both route patterns are the same length, the tie breaker is the order of parititons in the CSS.

What you need to do is put each route pattern in a new Partition. Ensure that the Spokane phones have a CSS that includes the new partition for the Spokane route pattern, and that the Sacramento phones have a CSS that includes the new Sacramento route pattern's partition.

Spokane's phones CSS should not have the Sacramento route pattern partition, or vice versa...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You're nearly there...

The thing to consider is that each number (i.e  route pattern or phone DN) has a partition. This determines what can call it.

Each device that is capable of dialling also has a Calling Search Space - this is a list of partitions which it can dial.

So you have put the Route Patterns in the Parititons that contain the phones for each site. What you will find is that the CSS assigned to the phones contains both SpokaneUserPhone and SacramentoUserPhones - and Spokane will be higher in the list. Therefore, as both route patterns are the same length, the tie breaker is the order of parititons in the CSS.

What you need to do is put each route pattern in a new Partition. Ensure that the Spokane phones have a CSS that includes the new partition for the Spokane route pattern, and that the Sacramento phones have a CSS that includes the new Sacramento route pattern's partition.

Spokane's phones CSS should not have the Sacramento route pattern partition, or vice versa...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks again.

So if I am understanding you correctly:

Spokane end users' phone DNs stay in SpokaneUserPhones.  The route pattern for Spokane local calling gets moved into a new partition (let's call it SpokaneLocalCalling).  The CSS for the spokane user phones will have as members all partitions I want them to be able to call (i.e. SpokaneUserPhones, SpokaneLocalCalling, SacramentoUserPhones, and any others I want them to be able to dial).

Sacramento end users' phones stay in Sacramento UserPhones.  The route pattern for Sacramento local calling gets moved into a new partition (let's call it SacramentoLocalCalling).  The CSS for the Sac user phones will have as members SacramentoLocalCalling, SpokaneUserPhones, SacramentoUserPhones, and any others I want them to be able to dial.

I have a route plan for Long Distance that routes out the Spokane gateway.  Currently it is not assigned to a partition and that has been working fine.  I want all phones, regardless of their location, to call LD out of the Spokane gateway.  If I leave it unassigned, will every phone be able to match that route plan?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

That's exactly it.

The special case as you referred to re: Long Distance is that anything left in is available to all devices.

Generally it's considered bad practice to have things in , but it will work.

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: