jiqbal
Level 1
Level 1

Delete Thread

8 Replies 8

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

This router is a 10/100 router.  Even with dual wans that is the max you will get.  The mtu settings is an idea set that to manual 1500.  The security on the router like SPI feature on the router is a security device that will slow down your router.  This router is not designed for speed, it is designed for vpn and security.  If you were to disable alot of the security features you could speed up the router a bit.  Naturally the speed will be faster going through the modem cause it is not as strong a firewall.

Delete  Thread

Delete

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

MTU has been moved to where the WAN connection type is configured. Older firmware only supports one MTU for both WAN connections.

What is the throughput your seeing with Smartlink backup? Is it still 6-10Mbps?

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

The mtu settings are under the setup tab then select the network tab. Then go to the wan settings if you scroll down the page and the mtu settings are there for both wans.  The maximum bandwidth the router can produce with both wans is 200 mbps.  You might have to tweet the security features on the router to achieve the optimal speeds.  You will be comprimising the security though.

Delete

jiqbal
Level 1
Level 1

Delete

Hi,

I'm experiencing slow vpn pptp performance on my rv042. Could anybody please give me a hand?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: