cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer an outside caller to different greeting

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

We use CallManager 4.1(3) and have a Unity 4.0(5) Call Handler as a Auto-Attendant.  We are having trouble with a specific caller calling into out facility and harrassing one of our employees.  I want our phone system to identify this caller (we know their phone #) and send the call to a different greeting other than our auto-attendant.

I've already looked at creating a translation-rule on our h.323 gateway, but I'm not having any success.  Does Unity or CallManager have the ability to route certain callers to different extensions or CallHandlers?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create call routing rules in Unity based on calling number, you can just hang the call or send it to someone or to a call handler.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I added an entry for Call Routing(forwarding calls) in Unity. This worked perfectly. Thank you

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As java noted Unity can send a caller to a different call handler based on call routing rules.

For the h.323 translation, if you want to just block the call from entering your system (i.e. reject), then the following should work on your h.323 gateway (wouldn't apply to mgcp):

voice translation-rule 99

rule 1 reject /4085551212/

!

voice translation-profile blacklist

translate calling 99

!

dial-peer voice pots 3001

call-block translation-profile incoming blacklist

call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject

incoming called-number

direct-inward-dial

port

forward-digits

!

You would need to apply the "call-block" configs to all dial-peers that could handle an inbound call from the party you wish to block.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: