cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS QoS Implementation

dmurray14
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, hopefully you can help out a little as this is kind of a learn-by-doing type thing for me. I have an MPLS with the two sub interfaces, MFR1.1 and and MFR1.2. Obviously one is internet, the other is the private VPN.

My goal is to make sure the VPN always has, say 2mbps of bandwidth at any given point. I don't want that to be all the time, but if the link is saturated I want at least that amount availble to the VPN. If VPN is only using say 500k, then rest can go to the internet.

I'll then want to do more QoS on the actual VPN traffic itself, so I assume I'll have to nest it somehow?

I'm fine with the QoS on the subinterfaces, I just plan on making a class-map for VoIP traffic to prioritize it, but what I'm confused about is how to do top level prioritization of VPN over internet traffic since it is spread across two subinterfaces.  Basically I want VPN traffic to take priority over internet traffic (up to a point) and within the VPN traffic I want VoIP traffic to take priority (which I understand). Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

dmurray14
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Hmm, no thoughts? I just don't get how to shape across two subinterfaces.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card