cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 and Spanish Locale

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all, I,m installed the spanish locale for my ip phones 7911 and 7942, all seems fine except with the corporate directory, it appears in english and not in spanish. The phones are using the firmware 8.4(3), do I need an upgrade or missing something?, please let me know your comments.

Thanks a lot

David

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

When the phones request the Corporate Directory they append some information to the HTTP request so that CCM returns the correct language (Corporate Directory is basically just a web page on the CCM server).

I would do a packet capture on the handset (verify 'Span to PC Port' and 'PC Voice VLAN Access' are enabled on the phone configuration, then plug a PC running wireshark into the PC port on the phone and start a capture - then access the Corporate Directory).

You should see a request like so:

GET /ccmcip/xmldirectory.jsp?locale=English_United_States&name=SEPUCCX7WS HTTP/1.1\r\n

Except with your phone name and locale. If you see the correct locale, (Spanish_Spain) but CCM returns English, then the problem is more likely to be the CCM software or Locale version.

Can you advise what version of CCM and the Spanish locale you have installed?

Have you installed the locale on all servers in the cluster?

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!