cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 6.2f - for FWSM 4.1(1)

cisco_admin1
Level 3
Level 3

I'm looking at installing version 4.1(1) on my FWSMs.  One thing noted in the documentation is that 4.1 supports ASDM 6.2(x).  This would be great, as my ASA devices are already running software that uses 6.2(x).

However, I don't see anywhere on CCO to download the "F" version of the 6.2 client.  The most recent version I can find is 6.1.5F.  Has the 6.2F version just not been released yet?  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

- Mike

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
asdm-615f.bin
Release Date: 14/Jul/2009
Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for FWSM 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0.
Size: 11221.19 KB  (11490496 bytes)

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=6.1%285%29F&mdfid=277413409&sftType=Adaptive+Security+Device+Manager+%28ASDM%29+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Catalyst+6500+Series+Firewall+Services+Modul...

That is the latest for the FWSM. May be who evern mentioned it to you may have talked about ASDM for ASA which is at 6.2.

-KS

View solution in original post

Did the information help?

Pls. rate if the post helped.

-KS

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are right that FWSM 4.1 requires ASDM 6.2F, this is mentioned in the documentation as well and as kusankar points out, ASDM 6.1F works only with FWSM 3.x and 4.0.

Now, ASDM 6.2(1)F should have been released at the same time as FWSM 4.1(1) but it has been slightly delayed. I do not have more details unfortunately, other than that it is expected "soon".

hth

Herbert

For now there is only 6.1F for FWSM like I mentioned previously.  Hopefully by end of this week (heard through the grape vine) ASDM 6.2F should be released.

Keep your fingers crossed.

-KS

7 Replies 7

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
asdm-615f.bin
Release Date: 14/Jul/2009
Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for FWSM 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0.
Size: 11221.19 KB  (11490496 bytes)

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=6.1%285%29F&mdfid=277413409&sftType=Adaptive+Security+Device+Manager+%28ASDM%29+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Catalyst+6500+Series+Firewall+Services+Modul...

That is the latest for the FWSM. May be who evern mentioned it to you may have talked about ASDM for ASA which is at 6.2.

-KS

Did the information help?

Pls. rate if the post helped.

-KS

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are right that FWSM 4.1 requires ASDM 6.2F, this is mentioned in the documentation as well and as kusankar points out, ASDM 6.1F works only with FWSM 3.x and 4.0.

Now, ASDM 6.2(1)F should have been released at the same time as FWSM 4.1(1) but it has been slightly delayed. I do not have more details unfortunately, other than that it is expected "soon".

hth

Herbert

Herbert --

Thanks very much for the clarification.  That was the info I was looking for, though a potential release date would have been ideal.

I guess we'll be sticking with the 4.0(x) release train for the time being.

Thanks.

For now there is only 6.1F for FWSM like I mentioned previously.  Hopefully by end of this week (heard through the grape vine) ASDM 6.2F should be released.

Keep your fingers crossed.

-KS

That's good to know ... I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

It's available now here

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: