cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8800 Gateway Firmware BUG

reddragon24
Level 1
Level 1

i just bought spa8800 series gateway 4fxs with 4 fxo port. And found there is no option to set NAT mapping enable "No" however does allow to set for Phone 1 but for other lines its "Yes" by default and does not allow to set.
We did try to disable by provisioning method:(using .cfg)  Added NAT Mapping Enable "no" (parameter) under phone 1 2 3 but as soon as SPC tool compile .txt file to .cfg but it prompts error.

Any suggestion..............

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Phone 2-4 and Line 2-4 is permanently natted by default.  This is as designed.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Would it be posisble to explain what's the logic behind to designed this way ? where 1 port has option and other dont.

You may give me technical logic as i am CCIE, CCVP.

waiting for your response.

regards

On the 8800, phone 1 and line 1 are the only interfaces that lead directly out of the unit.

We have run into this issue as well. I am unable to get the 2, 3 or 4 ports to turn NAT Mapping OFF.

We purchased the 8800 in order to consolidate multiple lines into one box as suggested in some other Cisco forums (instead of purchasing multiple SPA3102's). This needs to be resolved. How can we get the NAT turned off??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: