cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP telephony between VG-224 and Cisco 2901 Router

omair.siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

We have two sites and both have analog phones and we are planning to bring IP telephony in same environment. One site is equipped with Cisco 2901 voice bundle (No CME and No CCM) and other site have VG-224 and data router. I have planned to use dial peer on my voice router 2901on first site while on the other site use dial peer on my VG-224. I wonder if the solution is workable or not?

4 Replies 4

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am right in thinking that you want to call between the two sites? On the 2901 you say no CME , should i assume you are going to have callmanager at this site? If you could give more information it would help.

Cheers

Mark

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should enable CME on the 2901 to control the VG224 ports in SCCP mode

Otherwise you will find that analog phones have too few features and users will complain.

Yes perhaps more elaboration is requried. The customer is having 10 sites. Around all are conntected to centralized site. Three branches are large enough and running nortel PBX. Rest have less user and hence no pbx over there.The voice and data is seprated through a bridge (i forget exact name), voice given to Nortel PBX and data to router.

The customer wants to utilize notel pbx for calling between sites that have nortel PBX while use cisco router dial peers to reach other non-pbx sites. Please note till now they no CCM or CCME is proposed. Do i really need it. I am already getting 2901 Voice bundle router.

Secondly VG224 is porposed for a branch that need 24 FXS port and as per my understanding VG224 is compltete voice gateway runing full flege

IOS so i believe i am good to go and doestnot need voice enable router on this site.

As indicated above, without CME, analog phones will be likely too reduced in features to leave user satisfied.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: