ICM7.5 - System is shutting down with a error message

Answered Question
Mar 5th, 2010

Hi,

I have installed a ICM7.5 SPRAWLER in our Lab.All was working fine until yesterday, when I suddenly started receiving the below error

This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off.
Any unsaved changes will be lost.
This shutdown was initiated by LOGGERA-9a48f5 services..

Cisco systems. Inc, ICM Node Manager Manager shuting down system. To Cancel shutdown, run the stopshut utility

and the system shutsdown. I have not done any changes to the system.

Do you have any ideas what kind of an error is this and how to resolve this?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Srinivas

I have this problem too.
0 votes

You need to check the log files - the .ems files - in the logger directory (maybe la\logfiles). You must use dumplog to examine these.

First look at the nm (Node Manager) log file to see why it is having trouble and which of the processes has errors and cannot be restarted. Then check the offending process. Maybe increase the trace to see your problem.

Maybe the configlogger cannot talk to SQL or something. I think you will see what the problem is quite easily. Maybe you will know how to fix it, but if not, come back here with some trace and ask again.

Regards,

Geoff

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer

You need to check the log files - the .ems files - in the logger directory (maybe la\logfiles). You must use dumplog to examine these.

First look at the nm (Node Manager) log file to see why it is having trouble and which of the processes has errors and cannot be restarted. Then check the offending process. Maybe increase the trace to see your problem.

Maybe the configlogger cannot talk to SQL or something. I think you will see what the problem is quite easily. Maybe you will know how to fix it, but if not, come back here with some trace and ask again.

Regards,

Geoff

bathula.srinivas Mon, 03/08/2010 - 08:36

Hi Geoff,

Many thanks for your reply.

I looked into the logfiles and itseems that "clgr" process is causing this issue.

clgr logs , shows sql error - Unable to connect to SQL Server.

All SQL services are started and running. What could be the reason ?

Please can you advise how to fix this issue? I don't know how to increase tracing,can you advise please ?

I have attached the node manager and config logger logfiles for more information.

Thanks again

Srinivas

bathula.srinivas Mon, 03/15/2010 - 05:22

Hi Geoff,

I restarted my DC and logged on the sprawler server.

Didn't receive the error again... Thanks for your asssitance and suggestions!!!

Srinivas

fabien.damien Mon, 07/05/2010 - 12:10

Hi there,

i have upgarded my lab sprawler from version 7.0 to 7.5. however when the setup was recreating the service accounts i was getting the following error.

this screenshot pops up when i try to recereate the jaguar service.

Any suggestions?

david.macias Mon, 07/05/2010 - 18:01

Do you have a local group from another domain as part of a local group in your sprawler?  Have you tried removing this local group and re-running setup?

david

Actions

This Discussion