LMS 3.2 Device discovery fails

Answered Question
Mar 5th, 2010

Hello,

in LMS 3.2, Common Service 3.3.0, I tried to start a device discovery. After configuring the discovery settings (CDP, seed devices, SNMP parameters) I started the discovery and got the Info message "started as immediate job xxxx".

But the "start discovery" button did not change to "stop discovery", in the Device discovery summary the discovery status changed to "recent discovery information not found" and the job status was still "running" in a small test environment after one day .

Starting a new discovery job results in the old job changing to "crashed" and the new job "running" without getting a result.

The devices are accessible via SNMP and the configurations are collected in RME. Any idea what I have to change?

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 6 years 9 months ago

Remove NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj, then run "pdexec CSDiscovery" from the server's command line.  That should kickstart Discovery to run.  When it completes, future Discoveries should be startable from the GUI.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Fri, 03/05/2010 - 09:12

Remove NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj, then run "pdexec CSDiscovery" from the server's command line.  That should kickstart Discovery to run.  When it completes, future Discoveries should be startable from the GUI.

netzeatkw Mon, 03/08/2010 - 02:22

There was no file .../CSCOpx/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj but running "pdexec CSDiscovery" from the CLI worked well. Now the discoveries are startable from the GUI.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content