Cisco UCCE 7.5

Unanswered Question
Mar 5th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi guys...

i have a task to route all calls (inbound, outbound, agent-to-agent) through icm with unique callid-s for all of them for tracking purposes.

For inbound calls this is basicly all done with a combination of RouterCallKeyDay.RouterCallKey as the unique CallID.

What i have to do now is make this work for Outbound and Agent-To-Agent calls.

I've made the DialedNumberPlan (currently not user because when i configure it outbound calls from agent desktop do not work).

I am not sure about what the icm routing script for this should look like and if i would be able to use the same CallID method i used for inbound calls.

if someone has had any expirience with this plea

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

You can make the DNP work for agent-agent calls using a "smart DN" in the DNP mapping that includes the agent ID which you can pull out using the substring function and then use a Queue to Agent node (indirect).

I have done this for a customer who wanted a feature like "Call Park" on a TDM platform. If the agent is not logged in, the call goes to their voice mail. Once again, how you construct the DN is the key - for me it includes the agent extension from which I can find the Unity VM box.

Lots of work, little gain.

But I can't see how to use ICM to route outbound calls.

Regards,

Geoff

Kenan Muharemagic Sat, 03/06/2010 - 02:19
User Badges:

Great... well let me just say what i am aiming at...

My client has a custom application for entering wrap-up data (amongst other things) after the call is complete.

I call the application through CAD with a http request set up in desktop admin and i send the CallID (=RouterCallKeyDay.RouterCallKey) when the call is received... then after the call has ended the agents enter wrapup data into their app for the call (defined by the callid)... my client then uses the callid from their app to track the call info in the icm hds.

Basicly i need the same feature for agent initiated outbound calls... is there any way to accomplish this...

Kenan Muharemagić

Recro-Net d.o.o.

Kenan Muharemagic Sat, 03/06/2010 - 02:44
User Badges:

Thnx for the info... i don't think the dnis.agentid will be ok because the agent might call that same person more than once and would have duplicate entries...

Anyway i found this info in the ipcc administration guide for ucce 7.5

Kenan Muharemagic Sat, 03/06/2010 - 03:02
User Badges:

oh.. i'm not usre why this wasn't posted...

IPCC Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise, Release 7.5(1) /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Using the Dialed Number Plan to Ensure ICM Routing of Agent Calls

The most common and powerful use of the Dialed Number Plan is to ensure that agent-initiated calls are routed through ICM software. In this case, you must specify that you want to requesta PostRoute for the call and specify a dialed number associated with a routing script designedto handle the type of agent call.

Use this method of configuring the Dialed Number Plan for:

•Agent-to-agent transfers

•Agent-to-agent calling

•Agent-initiated outbound calls

Interesting.

As I said, I have used the DNP for the first two.

I didn't think about outbound calls, but it makes sense. Good luck in configuring the outbound part, though. When the agent calls the DNP, and runs the script, how will the ICM script know what PSTN number to call?

Regards,

Geoff

david.macias Sun, 03/07/2010 - 05:12
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

The exact same thing I was thinking Geoff.  You would have to configure DNP with every possible number your agents are going to dial (impossible).  It seems like you're trying to build CRM intelligence into ICM.

david

Kenan Muharemagic Sun, 03/07/2010 - 12:03
User Badges:

Yes but using wildcards in the DNP that shouldn't be a problem... what i am having a problem with is the reouting script...

I don't know where to route the calls... which script node to use...

Kenan Muharemagić

Recro-Net d.o.o.

You don't seem to have grasped the problem.

At the end of the day, a DNP is a mapping to a DN. It is the DN that is mapped to a call type that runs a script. What you need to do inside the script is UNIQUELY determine  the outbound number to call (the label) from one and only one piece of information - the DN. There is a simple way to do it of course - merely make the DN the same as the number you want to call, maybe with 'OUT91' in front of a 10 digit number and the script uses the substring function to pull out the 12 digit number (including switch access and long distance carrier code) and bob's your uncle. DNPs are easy.

Now the DNP mapping. How does the agent know which DNP to call?

They can have a list in front of them that says: call DNP 2001 if you want to make an outbound call to 4085551234, call DNP 2002 if you want to make a call to 6155559876, and so on.

But there appears be (to my feeble brain) a 1-1 mapping requirement.

Now to the script - repeat the ICM mantra after me - "Dialed Number, Call Type, Scheduled Script".

So now you have a script - what does it do? Is this CVP? Return a label and it will go out through possibly Call Manager. Lot's of fun for Dick and Jane now. Let us know how you make out.

Regards,

Geoff

Kenan Muharemagic Wed, 03/10/2010 - 09:21
User Badges:

I see your point. Thanx for all the help and info. I'll have to figure out another way to get this done.

I do have a question about another subject though...

Regarding the ServiceLevelTreshold timer... when does it start ticking away... when the call is initialy answered by the ivr or when it is qued to a skill group? I haven't been able to find this documentation anywhere in the cisco documentation.

Kenan Muharemagić

Recro-Net d.o.o.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content