Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Credentials Change - Must specify sysObjectID/MDF type

dmistry21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are running LMS 3.1 on Windows 2003R2.  I've carried out a change which changes the 'default SNMP Credentials' which we use to carry out our device imports from Cisco ACS.  Also I have changed the SNMP credentials for all the devices from the DCR (approx 1600).  All seems to have gone through ok except for 3 devices which have returned with:

• Must specify sysObjectID/MDF type

Any ideas on how can I correct this problem ?

Many Thanks

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To be clear, you're importing a CSV file into DCR, and seeing this error for three of the devices?  If so, exactly what fields in the CSV file are populated for these devices?

What i'm doing is updating the SNMP credentials within the DCR by going to:

• Common Services -> Device and Credentials -> Device Management -> "selecting All Devices" -> Edit Credentials - and then changing just the SNMP RO Community String.

It takes me through all the steps but gives me the error once clicking Finish.

What are the three devices that are failing?  Can you provide a DCR export of those devices?

Bit of a mixed bag here looking into them:

I can snmpwalk two of the devices and they are a:

1. "Cisco IOS Software, C2960 Software (C2960-LANBASE K9-M), Version 12.2(44)SE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
  2. "Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(19b), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

The other device I cannot snmpwalk to but if it is model/ios dependant, hopefully the above may help if they can be resolved.

What about the DCR export?  I would need to see the attributes currently in DCR for these devices.

Unfortunately i'm not permitted to provide the DCR export.

I'll try removing the devices from the DCR and try a re-import and see whether I get the same error.

Also I may have to try amending the individual attributes of the devices in the DCR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: