DB Look UP

Unanswered Question
Mar 5th, 2010
User Badges:

I have a requirement from a customer, need to check the customers CLIDs in their DB and then route their calls to specific agents directly.

i have made DB with 2 columns having all the required customer's CLIDs with the AgentID to whom their call should route and using a DB LookUp Node in script to check the CLI in the Table it gets fail. the dbworker process logs show Db connected but "Failed ! result=1" or some times "Failed result=6".  but if i used a table having only one coulmn containing CLIDs this method works.

Is there any speceifc method to access the DB having more than one Column. I need to access and use both the columns.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jpsweeney77 Fri, 03/05/2010 - 06:51
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

The dblookup can only perform the lookup on a single column which in this case sounds like it should be CLID. With that being the case you need to be sure the CLID column is set as the Primary Key for the table. Once that is set you should be able to access the row of data based on CLID.

Sheraz Saeed Lodhi Mon, 03/08/2010 - 23:00
User Badges:

jo, so you mean the Db must have single coulmn or what. I want to lookup a single column and in the result want to use the 2nd column for call routing. what could be the workaround for this. Any idea

sheeraz.saeed wrote:

jo, so you mean the Db must have single coulmn or what. I want to lookup a single column and in the result want to use the 2nd column for call routing. what could be the workaround for this. Any idea

Of course it does not mean that. You can have many columns and retrieve the information from all of them. The restriction is that the primary key to the table be a single column - not a compound primary key. Your CLID table fits the profile.

The use of the key is kind of hidden in the way the query works. Check through it again.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion