Replies

%LTL-SP-2-LTL_PARITY_CHECK: LTL parity check request for xxxxxx

rocco.scholz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

on a catalyst 6513 we experience the following error message for several times,

%LTL-SP-2-LTL_PARITY_CHECK: LTL parity check request for 0xD4B6

The switch is working properly and we don't experience any problems. I've tried to find a hint at Bug Tool Kit and also Error Message Decode but without success. Could anyone tell what causes these errors and what to do.

used IOS --> s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI3

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Rocco

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

on a catalyst 6513 we experience the following error message for several times,

%LTL-SP-2-LTL_PARITY_CHECK: LTL parity check request for 0xD4B6

The switch is working properly and we don't experience any problems. I've tried to find a hint at Bug Tool Kit and also Error Message Decode but without success. Could anyone tell what causes these errors and what to do.

used IOS --> s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI3

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Rocco

Hi Rocco,

Check out the below link hope that help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sx/system/messages/sm2sx05.html

Ganesh.H

jgeralsky
Level 1
Level 1

Starting in IOS release SXI (enhancement bug id  CSCsl42288), an LTL/FPOE consistency

checker has been enabled. So periodically the hardware LTL/FPOE states are compared

against the same software entries. If an inconsistency is identified, it is corrected and

a message logged. This is the reason you observed the following logged message. These

messages indicate that an error was found, and it was corrected.

esomarriba
Level 5
Level 5

reduce you syslog history buffered, you should get rid of this msg. I had the same issue on my network.- OR get some more memory if supported on your platform.-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: