Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on mmc_queuecell error

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

I've got an 8510 that's showing this error in the log:

Mar  5 09:33:28.736: %AAL5-3-INTERNAL_ERROR:  aal5send: mmc_queuecell failed No room on port 0 vpi 0 vci 5 for cells 1
No room on port 0 vpi 0 vci 5 for cells 1

This happens about twice a minute, about 5 seconds apart. I haven't really run across much online about this message. No performance problems yet, but I want to get this figured out before there are. Anybody know what's causing this?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've got an 8510 that's showing this error in the log:

Mar  5 09:33:28.736: %AAL5-3-INTERNAL_ERROR:  aal5send: mmc_queuecell failed No room on port 0 vpi 0 vci 5 for cells 1

This happens about twice a minute, about 5 seconds apart. I haven't really run across much online about this message. No performance problems yet, but I want to get this figured out before there are. Anybody know what's causing this?

Thanks!

Hi,

Check out the below link with clear explanation about the error.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps718/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00800f0a24.html

Remember to rate the helpful post

Ganesh.H

Yes, I have seen that... it's one of the few posts that show up in a search for this error. Unfortunately, the commands it gives to try return nothing. Show epc queuing shows only the headers and show epc status comes back blank. Show mmc ports is now recognized.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card