Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.1/RME: inventory report

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to get an information about gigaStack port on switch inventory.

I have generated an Detail device Report but I didn't get this information.

I can find this information by show interface status | include GigaStack on switch :

Gi0/1                        connected    trunk      a-full a-1000 1000BaseCX Gigastack

Gi0/2                        connected    trunk      a-full a-1000 1000BaseCX Gigastack

So, I try with RME -> Tools -> Netshow. see file attached.

I get the information but I prefered to get it in with a report because I need to get thoses informations for 150 devices.

Is there a way to get it on a report ?

When I look at RME->Admin-> Inventory-> Change Filter,

I think that there are more port information compare to report generator.

Status

Parent Relative Position

Port Interface Index

Operational Status

Manufacturer Name

Field Replaceable Unit

Alias Name

Slot Configuration

Port Model Name

Port Vendor Type

Power Remaining

Port Serial Number

Power Consumption(%)

Description

Power Consumption

Component Type

Power Available

Port Index

Power Allocated

Maximum Power

POE Admin Status

Physical Entity Name

Custom report, port attribute, I can take only thoses attributes:

Maximum Power

Power Allocated

Power Available

Power Consumption

Power Consumption(%)

Power Remaining

POE Admin Status

Why there are more infiormation for change audit than inventory report ?

Thanks, Elisabeth

Inventory Change Filter : Port 

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a bug open to make sure all of the inventory attributes seen in the Detailed Device Report are also available for custom reports (CSCsj78780).  Quite a few were added in RME 4.3, but the list is still not complete.

As for Netshow, there is no way to change the output format type (i.e. you cannot make it more like the inventory reports).  However, you could perhaps write a script to parse the CLI output from Netshow, and deliver a report in the desired format.

Do you think that there is an attribute or an snmp variable for GigaStack information like I can get with show status ?

Port      Name               Status       Vlan       Duplex  Speed Type

Gi0/1                        connected    trunk      a-full a-1000 1000BaseCX Gigastack

Gi0/2                        connected    trunk      a-full a-1000 1000BaseCX Gigastack

I don't think so, but I do not have a 3750 with a Gigastack GBIC with which to test.  If this data is available in RME, it would be visible in the Detailed Device Report.  However, I think the type attribute will only indicate it is an ethernet port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: