cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN and Outlook / Exchange mobile access fails

gary1bauer
Level 1
Level 1

Using RVS4000 -> Windows SBS 2003 server -> Exchange 2003.

Laptop Client (Vista 64 bit or Windows 7 64bit) has access to Exchange when connected via LAN or wireless within facility.  The problem occurs when client is remote to facility and using WAN wireless access (either at Starbucks etc.or with Verizon / AT&T access modems).  QuickVPN connects, RVS4000 shows that client is connected (see screen shot).  Note - the screen shot was taken on a remote client (garyb) logged onto the RVS4000 IP internal address. So I've got connectivity, however I cannot browse my network and cannot see any shares.  Client Outlook cannot connect to Exchange server, etc.  This problem did not occur with an older Linksys router.  Help!!  Gary Bauer

vpn client status.png

2 Replies 2

gary1bauer
Level 1
Level 1

Oops - one more piece of information.  When connecting wireless within the facility, QuickVPN is not used, just local wireless settings through Linksys Wireless Access Point.

Gary

Final update.  Uninstalling the wireless drivers and re-installing them fixed the access problems.  Drivers are at the root of all evil.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: