cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Email Attachments

jecker
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CM Business Edition 7.1.3.  I have configured Unity Connection to send users the voicemail messages that they recieve via an SMTP smart host.  Users are recieiving the .wav files without a problem.

Question is, can I change the "from" address of the email?  All emails are showing as coming from "Unity Connection Messaging System" and I would like to change this.  I have changed the subject field, but would also like to change the from field.

Thank You.

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry, I don't believe this is an option that can be changed.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I also don't see an option to change this. You can customize the Subject line until you're hearts content, but not the "From" address.....unless anyone knows differently?

Seems to me it's a Cisco Branding type thing?

It's not branding.  It's that you are using a relay host to send messages so, in the "eyes" of the relay host, it is receiving a message from Unity to a specified email address...which, in turn, in what you see when you receive the message.

Hailey

But why not the option to change the name to say "Company ABC Messaging System [mailto:whatever@company.com]" ?

Currently, it's only Unity Connection Messaging System [mailto:unityconnection@domain.com]

That's another discussion.  I'm just giving the scoop on the behavior.

Hailey

I have seen the From populated if I left a message from an extension that has a Unity Connection mailbox.  The from field would be SMTP address of the sending mailbox.