cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560 POE snmp alerts

dclee
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently in the design stage of our VOIP upgrade. All of our ip phones will be powered via

POE. I need to alert on power consumption for each 3560 via the snmp tool I currently use.

Does anyone know the correct OID string that will give me the total power consumption of the switch ?

Via command line, I am looking to simulate the " sh power inline " values that are displayed.

I have tried to snmp walk the switch but I cant seem to find the correct string.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We are currently in the design stage of our VOIP upgrade. All of our ip phones will be powered via

POE. I need to alert on power consumption for each 3560 via the snmp tool I currently use.

Does anyone know the correct OID string that will give me the total power consumption of the switch ?

Via command line, I am looking to simulate the " sh power inline " values that are displayed.

I have tried to snmp walk the switch but I cant seem to find the correct string.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Check out the below link hope that help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094b9e.shtml

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&mibName=CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB

Ganesh.H

Hi,

Here is the tricks CISCO-POWER-ETHERNET-EXT-MIB::cpeExtPsePortTable

You have to summarize column 9 for example cpeExtPsePortPwrConsumption ( This indicates the actual power consumption of the PD
connected to this interface. It may not necessarily be equal to the value of cpeExtPsePortPwrAvailable.)

Did you success to get total available power via snmp ?

regards,

SF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card