Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 router support

Dear sir,

Praposed connectivity for voice between head quaters IP phones to remote branch analog phones is as for the attached network diagram.Cisco 2821 routiters with 12.2 IOS are interconnected using leased line(v.35) between HQ TO REMOTE BRANCH .At remote branch analog phones are connected on FXS ports .At HQ end IPPBX with required number of user liseces for IPPHONES is connected to the router through a ethernet switch.Is the network setup given in the diagram is correct for the desired connectivity between HQ ip phones to BRANCH analog phone.What should be the configuration requirement at router for the abive connectivity.

Plz give me some examples

Thanks&Regards

srinivas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Srini,

your lab setup is similar to what I had guessed.

the IP PBX has an IP address in the same IP subnet of HQ 2800 lan interface.

You can run a routing protocol over the V.35 point -to- point link in order to advertise HQ LAN subnet.

In addition to what already listed in my first post the use of QoS to provide a priority queue for VoIP calls is recommended.

The QoS part can be added later to the lab setup.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Srinivas,

I couldn't  open your attachment.

However, in short you need the following:

remote branch router needs to be configured as a voice gateway

HQ router is simply a data router all VoIP intelligence is at the IP PBX.

IOS gateway uses dial peers to configure a sort of "static routes" towards phone numbers or ranges.

the branch office router will need:

one VOIP dial peer with destination = IP PBX ip address with a destination pattern like  2... if all central site phone extensions are like 2110, 2345 and so on.

multiple POTS dial peer, one for each FXS port, that says out this port there is this phone number 3005

on the IP PBX a similar setup is needed to reach all remote site phone numbers.

you should use a 12.4T IOS image on the branch router.

see the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

An example of configuration of two FXS ports and the VOIP dial peer towards the HQ IP PBX follows:

!--- FXS port

voice-port 1/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination-pattern 3005
port 1/0/0
!
voice-port 1/0/1
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots
destination-pattern 3006
port 1/0/1
!

! let's suppose IP PBX ip address is 172.22.10.2

! the following configure an H.323 voip dial peer

dial-peer voice 2000 voip
destination-pattern 2...
session target ipv4:172.22.10.2

Note: the IP PBX has to configure an H.323 communication channel with the  ip address used on the branch router (associated to H.323 application)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear sir,

Thanks for ur reply and plz find my attachment and plz conform

srini

Hello Srini,

your lab setup is similar to what I had guessed.

the IP PBX has an IP address in the same IP subnet of HQ 2800 lan interface.

You can run a routing protocol over the V.35 point -to- point link in order to advertise HQ LAN subnet.

In addition to what already listed in my first post the use of QoS to provide a priority queue for VoIP calls is recommended.

The QoS part can be added later to the lab setup.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi sir,

Thanks for ur valuble support.

Regards

srini:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: