Recommended Cisco CCNP books - use foundation or exam guide books

Unanswered Question
Mar 6th, 2010

I see that the foundations books for ROUTE/SWITCH exams arent available until june/july ... i can buy "CCNP Routing and Switching Official Certification Library" now.. i take it this library is an exam guide ... would i better waiting for the foundation books to be available? i am just worried i will miss some things in the exams if i only study with the exam guides. I passed my CCNA exam in april 2009.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Collin Clark Mon, 03/08/2010 - 08:19

Here is my opinion, take it with a grain of salt . Learn routing & switching inside and out. Not only for the exam, but you will use this everyday in your career. The technologies of RIP, EIGRP, BGP, etc have change little over the years. There are nuances in the exams and you can get those by waiting for the new books or browsing But again, nail down routing and switching. To do that I recommend the e-books from here (for routing)-

They are CCIE focused, but they are excellent for CCNP studies. They walk you through from the most basic configuration to very complex ones. I refer to these more than any other reference.They're also reasonably priced.

For switching, read

It too is CCIE focused, but it is so well written you should have no problem with it.

Hope it helps and good luck on your exams.

This Discussion

Related Content