cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CuciMoc and Caller-Id

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

we have UCM 7.1(2), CuciMoc 7.1.3 and OCS R2. After some effort, we are able to get these clients to work on Windows 7, 64bit. Yes, I do understand that Cisco does not officially support Windows 7, 32 or 64 bit yet, but I am not sure this is an client OS issue.

when placing internal calls, caller ID is working both ways. However, if an external call comes in, and the client does not already have that number in the contact list in OCS, we get an "unknown number". when calling the deskphone, caller id shows up properly.

I didnt setup the OCS server, or install the CSF, setup dialing rules, etc, so I am kind of flying blind.

Any tips/pointers would be appritiated!

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

If the number was unknown CUCIMOC would try to look it up in LDAP.  You may do a packet capture to see if CUCIMOC ever sent out any LDAP query.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks, but that does not help. The number is from a caller that is not in LDAP.  If cisco calls me, and I am using cucimoc, it would show up as a "unknown caller" instead of "Cisco" or whatever..

I see what you're saying.

Were you at desk phone mode or soft phone mode?  Please choose one from the following:

1) Desk phone mode: There's an incoming call.  When the desk phone was ringing, you saw the caller's name (e.g. "Cisco") on the phone's LCD screen but you saw "unknown" on CUCIMOC pop-up.

2) Soft phone mode.  You saw the caller's name (e.g. "Cisco") on the phone's LCD screen but you saw "unknown" on CUCIMOC pop-up.

If it's #1, we'll need "CTI Manager" logs from CUCM.

If it's #2, we'll need "Cisco CallManager" logs from CUCM.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: