Views
Helpful
Replies

Query about integration of third party database with SCE

kamal-hossain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have SCE2020. We want to use the SCE for content filtering purpose.In this context,

a. Can we integrate external database with SCA-BB? I saw on Cisco doc that it is possible to integrate Surfcontrol? But can any other database be integrated? If yes, can anyone please suggest some for us to explore whether those databases can serve our purpose? 

b. If the external database can be used, then with which protocol database communicate with SCE/SCA-BB?

If anyone has some suggestion, then please provide us.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Cisco CPA client runs on the SCE platform. It sends URL queries to the CPA server for categorization, and updates SCA BB with the categorization results.

The CPA client is installed as part of the SCA BB application (PQI) installation.

CPA client uses the Content Portal Authority (CPA) protocol from SurfControl, which is proprietary protocol I guess...

Based on this, I'm not sure if some other database (besides SurfControl) can be used for dynamic URL checking...

There is an option to use internal SCE URL database, and feed it periodically with categorized URL list using a script, but there is a limit of 100.000 URLs that internal SCE database can hold.

Best regards,

Jasmina

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Cisco CPA client runs on the SCE platform. It sends URL queries to the CPA server for categorization, and updates SCA BB with the categorization results.

The CPA client is installed as part of the SCA BB application (PQI) installation.

CPA client uses the Content Portal Authority (CPA) protocol from SurfControl, which is proprietary protocol I guess...

Based on this, I'm not sure if some other database (besides SurfControl) can be used for dynamic URL checking...

There is an option to use internal SCE URL database, and feed it periodically with categorized URL list using a script, but there is a limit of 100.000 URLs that internal SCE database can hold.

Best regards,

Jasmina