cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 881 Mac Filtering

wahida
Level 1
Level 1

I have Atomatic Teller Machine. I want to restrict the network access to only this machine through 881 router with with IP Advanced Feature Set.  Can I use Mac Filtering to achive this? Recently, I tried with Cisco 871 and it worked only with a lot of workarounds. I do not want to do the same work arounds for the other ATMs. Please help me.............

Note: I do not have the router to test it myself............ I need to order it based on the above confirmation.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Wahida,

according to 880 series data sheet MAC address filtering on the 4 ports embedded lan switch is supported

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/data_sheet_c78_459542.html

Switch  features

• Auto Media Device In/Media Device Cross Over  (MDI-MDX)
• Eight 802.1Q VLANs
MAC filtering
• Two-port 802.3af and Cisco compliant PoE
• Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN)
• Storm Control
• Smartports

table 5: Cisco IOS Software Features on Cisco 880 Series:  Advanced Security Feature Set (Default)

it is also written:

The Advanced IP Services software image has all  the features of the Advanced Security software image with the addition  of the features listed in Tables 7 and 8.

so this time you should be able to implement MAC address filtering on the switch ports.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

I think the question is how do you enable mac filtering on the 881.  It is not covered in the configuration guide.  http://www9.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/801/software/configuration/guide/800pdf.pdf

I'm also interested in how this works and would be interested if anyone has already figured this out.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card