Views
Helpful
Replies

Send the Configuration via TFTP server to New Router/Switch

m.salah
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I need to apply a policy that for any new router or switch installation, specific configuration will be sent to these devices through one centralized TFTP server which comply with our configuration and rules, this is to avoid any miss configuration from the team and control the junior network Engineer to add any wrong configuration that can effect the network, is this possible? And how?

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dears,

I need to apply a policy that for any new router or switch installation, specific configuration will be sent to these devices through one centralized TFTP server which comply with our configuration and rules, this is to avoid any miss configuration from the team and control the junior network Engineer to add any wrong configuration that can effect the network, is this possible? And how?

Hi,

I dont think is there any mechanism but yes to secure you can configure on router that tftp source interface for tftp server cofniguration upload and download into router or on server.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: