Problem With transfer-mode consult

Unanswered Question
Mar 7th, 2010

hi i have a shared DN on 2 telephone

9760 each and they are sharing the same DN with the commmand ephone)button 2o26,27  , the problem is the i can't use the transfer-mode consult command , it's always using the blind transfer although the commmand is set to transfer-mode consult. and i need to work with the overlapping Shared DN , and in the same time use the transfer-mode consult. Thanks alot

ephone-dn  26
number 121
description CallCenter
name CallCenter
no huntstop
transfer-mode consult
ephone-dn  27
number 121
name CallCenter
preference 1
transfer-mode consult

ephone  13
description Call Center
mac-address 0022.B055.D65C
button  1:21 3o26,27
ephone  14
description CallCenter
mac-address 0015.6379.0CA3
button  1o26,27

thanks alot

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Sun, 03/07/2010 - 11:49

Hi Mohamed,

Usually this fails if you are using Transfer System Full-Consult without the Dual Line config;

A dual-line ephone-dn has one virtual voice port and two channels to handle two independent calls. This capacity allows call waiting, call transfer, and conference functions within a single ephone-dn. Dual-line mode is supported on all phone types, but is not appropriate for voice-mail numbers, intercoms, or ephone-dns used for message-waiting indicators, paging, loopback, or hunt groups. Overlays of single-line hunt groups onto dual-line buttons are supported.

Ephone-dns are created in single-line mode if the dual-line keyword is not used. Changing an ephone-dn from dual-line mode to single-line mode (and vice versa) requires that you delete the ephone-dn and then recreate it.

The following example enters ephone-dn configuration mode to create the ephone-dn 5576:

Router(config)# ephone-dn 1

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 5576

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

The following example creates an ephone-dn with the number 1001 in dual-line mode. The no huntstop command allows calls to continue to hunt to other ephone-dns if this one is busy or does not answer. The huntstop channel command disables call hunting to the second channel of this ephone-dn if the first channel is busy or does not answer.

Router(config)# ephone-dn 10 dual-line

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 1001

Router(config-ephone-dn)# no huntstop

Router(config-ephone-dn)# huntstop channel

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

Hope this helps!

This Discussion