Views
Helpful
Replies

not getting write memory command in ACS logs

vsarun007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have configured TACACS  authentication and administration in cisco FWSM firewall but write mem is not getting captured in Cisco ACS logs whereas all other configuration changes are getting saved through it.Kindly tell me any additional setting reuired for to capture write command or else whether this command will  support in the ACS?

Thanks a lot in advance...

regards,

AV S

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi all,

I have configured TACACS  authentication and administration in cisco FWSM firewall but write mem is not getting captured in Cisco ACS logs whereas all other configuration changes are getting saved through it.Kindly tell me any additional setting reuired for to capture write command or else whether this command will  support in the ACS?

Thanks a lot in advance...

regards,

AV S

Hi AV S,

Are you talking about wr command which we used to do in forewall to save the configuration,that will be stored in ACS with command wr in TACAS adminstartion but just check the following command are configured in firewall.

aaa accounting command TACAS
aaa accounting enable console TACAS
aaa accounting telnet console TACAS

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

HI Ganesh,

Currently I am using below accouting commands.

aaa accounting command privilege 15 tacacs+
aaa accounting ssh console tacacs+

I am able to capture all commands entering in FWSM except write memory.Even I am able to capture copy running startup ...

Thanks for your quick response

Regards,

V S A

HI Ganesh,

Currently I am using below accouting commands.

aaa accounting command privilege 15 tacacs+
aaa accounting ssh console tacacs+

I am able to capture all commands entering in FWSM except write memory.Even I am able to capture copy running startup ...

Thanks for your quick response

Regards,

V S A

Hi V S A,

Try configure the below command aaa accounting enable console adminserver following command will do the accounting of records will be generated for enable access, and that these records are sent to the server named adminserver.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: