Views
Helpful
Replies

service port redirection

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

I have a scenario regarding port forwarding. We have a server A (different zone) alongwith another Server B on DMZ zone. Server A needs to communicate

with a remote application over the internet. Client needs a strange scenario to be done:

Administrator will initiate a telnet from Server A on Server B . Server B should be able to recognise this telnet request & translate it to ssh as outgoing request to remote application.

Is this possibe from Network end. as per my knowledge this is something which server has to do except for the outgoing part where the request will be translated to public by Network before it hits the internet.

Thanks in Advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I have a scenario regarding port forwarding. We have a server A (different zone) alongwith another Server B on DMZ zone. Server A needs to communicate

with a remote application over the internet. Client needs a strange scenario to be done:

Administrator will initiate a telnet from Server A on Server B . Server B should be able to recognise this telnet request & translate it to ssh as outgoing request to remote application.

Is this possibe from Network end. as per my knowledge this is something which server has to do except for the outgoing part where the request will be translated to public by Network before it hits the internet.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

I dont think it is possible from network perspective you can only provide the connection between server A and server B over telnet or ssh but as request is landing on port 23 and then 23 to 22 conversion is done in server only not  in network,so i dont think the conversion part will be done at network level.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

I dont think it is possible from network perspective you can only provide the connection between server A and server B over telnet or ssh but as request is landing on port 23 and then 23 to 22 conversion is done in server only not  in network,so i dont think the conversion part will be done at network level.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card