Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS DSCP Analysis

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I´m trying to find a way to find how many traffic is sending my router for an interface, with each DSCP mark and identify which traffic is this (for example matching to NBAR).

Do you know a way to do this?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello All,

I´m trying to find a way to find how many traffic is sending my router for an interface, with each DSCP mark and identify which traffic is this (for example matching to NBAR).

Do you know a way to do this?

Thanks

Hi,

If you want to check what type of traffic is your router is sending then you need to sniff the interface and capture the packets in  a system with free available tools like etheareal and wireshark just take some sample packets to decode what type of traffic is marked with DSCP vlaue.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hello,

I´m sorry, but I do not see the way to rate your answer.

I can not use Wireshark, because it´s a remote site with no SPAN.

I was trying to find, if exists, a command like show ip nbar protocol-discovery mixed with some information about QoS.

Thanks anyway

Hello,

I´m sorry, but I do not see the way to rate your answer.

I can not use Wireshark, because it´s a remote site with no SPAN.

I was trying to find, if exists, a command like show ip nbar protocol-discovery mixed with some information about QoS.

Thanks anyway

OK !! I thought in different way anyway check out the below link hope that helps !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/qos/command/reference/qrfcmd10.html#wp1107706

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco