Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS and Virtual Domains

PetriSignal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a few customers whose controllers are added to our WCS for monitoring purposes. Now I'm planning to give access to customers on that WCS, so they could also check AP status, clients etc. For obvious reasons, I don't want to Customer01 to see that there even is a Customer02. I've tried to solve this by using Virtual Domains:

1. I've done Virtual Domains for each customer and added their maps and controllers to them.
  2. I've created Users Customer01 and Customer02 and assigned them in their own Virtual Domains.
  3. I've tested both Users and Customer01 has only access to it's APs/controller.

Only problem is the Map tree view under Maps section. I haven't been able to hide customers from there. Please see the jpeg attached.

Help needed...

Thank you,

Petri

1 Reply 1

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a bug that appears to address this issue that should be fixed in the 7.x release.

CSCsz93658   Copied maps are seen in virtual domain even if they are not assigned.

The underlying issue seems to be that the virtual domain/paritition is showing maps that are not assigned to it.  Whether or not it will resolve the map view when integrated is the question.

You may want to talk to your account team about a PERS to see about making sure that specifically gets addressed if it is a business need which it sounds like it is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card