cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client installation problem

ttl-systems
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I uninstalled VPN client and now I can't reinstall it. I have tried different versions with no luck.

If I try to install version 4.6 from MSI packet I get error: another version of this product has been found. It will be uninstalled first and then the install can continue. Then it says "You must restart your system in order to continue the install" Restarting doesn't help.

If I try the non MSI setup it gives error: The cisco system VPN client installation has detected that an MSI based Cisco system VPN client is installed. Please uninstall this client before continuing with install.

I have tried to uninstall the client manually with the instructions from: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_tech_note09186a0080094b7f.shtml

didn't help.

If I try to install any 5.x version the installation starts and I can select language. After this nothing happens.

I use Win xp pro SP2

Any suggestions what to do next?

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Don't have good news, if you can reinstall windows on this machine, that's the easiest way to go.

You can try some clean up utilities, but if the manual uninstall did not make it, guess you can consider reinstalling windows.

Federico.

Unfotunately the reinstall is not an option at the moment. I have tried microsoft clean up utility with no luck.