Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I upload my own image to a SPA941?

aaronbeadle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have just got a SPA941 and I am sure I saw somewhere that you can upload your own mono Bitmap image. Can this be done?

If not, I am only a basic user, can I not use the Firmware for a SPA942?

Many thanks in advance.

Aaron.

4 Replies 4

lifennel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Aaron,

On newer versions of the firmware for the spa941, it surely appears that you can; you can use your TFTP server (a free version is available at www.solarwinds.com) and copy your preferred bitmap to the tftp server.

On the web interface of the spa941, go to the upper right hand corner and select "Admin" and "Advanced View".

Click on the "Phone" tab, In the first section, entitled "General", you will see a field called "BMP Picture Download URL:"

Type in the url where you image is located "tftp://ip_address_of_tftp_server/image.bmp".

Under that section, there is a dropdown for "Select Background Picture"; select "BMP Picture" and scroll to the bottom and save settings.

To answer your question about using the spa942 firmware on the spa941, you must not. The firmware for the spa942 is for that phone only, and same for the spa941.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Thanks,

-Lindsey

Hello,

Thank you for your detailed reply, I had a look and the option for BMP download isn't there (attached screenshot). I looked over the other tabs too and nothing.

I have 5.1.8 Fireware for it.

Any ideas?

Aaron,

I apologize for the seemingly erroneous reply; the user interface I am using to research your issue appears to be a combination of both spa942 and spa941 - Allow me some time to see if our lab has an spa941 available and I'll physically connect in and confirm this for you. I apologize, again, if I was mistaken.

Thanks,

-Lindsey

Hello Lindsey,

Any help is greatly appreciated! I know it's not a major thing but I bought

a few for the company and it would look quite nice if they had the logo on

:)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Aaron.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: