CCA 2.2.2 doesn't see the PVC2300

Unanswered Question
David Hornstein Mon, 03/08/2010 - 08:04

My thought are;

1.  have you performed the latest  firmware upgrade to the camera ?

2.  Have you checked to enable the "bonjour" feature on the topology view of CCA as well as the camera?

see diagram below;

regards Dave

David Hornstein Mon, 03/08/2010 - 11:09

Hi Bob

CCA  can be made to discover  "bonjour" aware devices  - definitely a positive feature.

The History of the PVC2300 was that it integrated into the Linksys One phone system, a rather great application.

LinksysOne used the open standard discovery protocol called bonjour to discover peripherals such as cameras.

PC doesn't need to download bonjour, but you will find that CCA, which is bonjour aware,  can also be used to auto-discover bonjour aware devices and create a network topology diagram.  This is a positive !

CCA 2.2.2 now has that button, that I highlighted, where you have the option to discover or not discover bonjour enabled devices.

I still live in a democracy, so feel free to use or not use bonjour, but hopefully you can use this feature to manage bonjour aware devices.

regards Dave

Ahhh, I'm missing something here; when I click the Discovery Bonjour devices I get the message below.

It looks like I DO need to download and install it for CCA to work...

Update: So I downloaded Bonjour and installed it and I do see one of the cameras; I'm guessing that I cannot see the WVC2300 because it's connecting to a Wireless Express Controller rather than direct;y to the UC wireless; am I right?

I also do not see it via the Linksys monitor application so I'm not sure what it's looking for...

Steven DiStefano Mon, 03/08/2010 - 14:30

I recognize that ;-)  Sorry, it was a couple months ago which seems like years ;-)

Please download....  Then you should be cooking!

Steven DiStefano Mon, 03/08/2010 - 11:09

While Dave is spot on about Bonjour versus CDP (We deetct the camera with Bonjour), you dont have to click that box, as CCA 2.2.2 does this automatically.

It also lkeeps the cameras in the save topology and also you can add them to the community so you can manage them from CCA 2.2.2....

It also integrates the cameras if you add them to the community ...

This Discussion