cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing between two ACE 4710

winpwnkmr
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to route requests from one ACE appliance to another ACE?

One ACE would be just responsible for forwarding client request to another ACE and that ACE would do actual load balancing and then reply back the requests from different sources i.e. from main ACE as well as requests received directly from outside. Client's can connect to any of the ACE's public NATed IP.

Thanks,

Pawan

5 Replies 5

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is possible.

If you only configure a permit access-list ACE will simply route/switch all traffic coming in.

Gilles.

In that case how will I physically connect the ACE to another ACE (Topology). I mean on the same vlan or on different vlans.

Thanks,

Pawan

Pawan,

first, this is not a good idea to do what you plan to do.

But this is possible, if this is really what you want to do.

I don't see why you want to route through an ACE ?  Why not use a router for that function ?

Or why do you need to route in the first place ?

What do you want to connect ?

What is the current design ? or is it brain new network ?

Gilles.

Basically what I am trying to do is:

We have two different internet link for two different customers and I want to do load balacing between single server farms but from different ACE device; one for each customer. I want to use two ACE's because both links are separate and can't connect both in single router/firewall.

Thanks,

Pawan

You internet link is conected to a router currently ? Or multiple routers ? or not connected ?

If you don't want to connect these links to a single router, why do you want to connect them to an ACE to do the routing ?

Maybe what you need is simply one ace with virtualization and a router/fw to connect the ACE to the internet.

Again, we don't have the complete picture, so it is hard to help you.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: