cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot import devices from LMS to QPM

austin0824
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I hope someone can help me on this one.

I have just installed Cisco QPM 3.2 on my network to work with my existing LMS 2.6. At the moment, I am struggling to import devices from my LMS to QPM, with error messages, "The file format is incorrect. Please select a file with the correct format". I don't know how else to deal with this. The file is successfully exported from Common Services in LMS and saved on a drive. From my QPM, I navigate to Add Devices--->Import from CSV file and browse to location where file is saved in LMS. However, it keeps giving me the same error message of incorrect file format.

Can someone be kind enough to assist me on this?

Find attached the error message received.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Most likely this is due to the incompatibility in the respective Common Services versions of QPM 3.2 (CS 2.2?) and LMS 2.6 (CS 3.0.6?). I would make a dummy device entry in QPM 3.2, export it out to csv, then compare the QPM csv with the existing csv you have from LMS 2.6. Since your goal is to import into QPM, you'd want to edit the LMS csv (probably by deleting any "new" columns introduced in CS 3.x).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: