ssh key generation

Answered Question
Mar 8th, 2010

I am using a PIX 506e.  I already have some ssh addresses, but I need to add a new ssh address.  Do I need to generate a new key or does it use the existing key?  Also, if there is already a key genereated does it need cleared and a new one generated when new ssh addresses are added?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jon Marshall about 6 years 8 months ago

skillsadmin wrote:

I am using a PIX 506e.  I already have some ssh addresses, but I need to add a new ssh address.  Do I need to generate a new key or does it use the existing key?  Also, if there is already a key genereated does it need cleared and a new one generated when new ssh addresses are added?

If you are simply adding more IP addresses that are allowed to connect to the pix using ssh then you do not generate a new key. The existing ssh key will be used.

Jon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jon Marshall Mon, 03/08/2010 - 10:47

skillsadmin wrote:

If you are simply adding more IP addresses that are allowed to connect to the pix using ssh then you do not generate a new key. The existing ssh key will be used.

Jon

Actions

This Discussion