Views
Helpful
Replies

mls ip slb purge global

yjamada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Now, I am checking my Catalyst configuration, in paticular, the meaning of the following sentence is vague even reffering the following explanation.

mls ip slb purge global

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/ipapp/command/reference/iap_l1.html#wp1086002

Would somebody please explain what the above mean?

Is it related to Netflow or Server load balance?

The explanation on CCO is too simple to understand...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Yjamada,

the command is clearly related to IOS SLB server load balancing.

To understand what purging of TCP and UDP flows of IOS SLB means it is wise to look at the configuration guide.

MLS entries are valuable because provide efficient forwarding paths and they are limited in number.

IOS SLB potentially leads to the use of an high number of entries because it has to distinguish between different TCP and UDP ports.

So some strategy on how to free MLS entries is needed.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Yjamada,

the command is clearly related to IOS SLB server load balancing.

To understand what purging of TCP and UDP flows of IOS SLB means it is wise to look at the configuration guide.

MLS entries are valuable because provide efficient forwarding paths and they are limited in number.

IOS SLB potentially leads to the use of an high number of entries because it has to distinguish between different TCP and UDP ports.

So some strategy on how to free MLS entries is needed.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi giuslar,

I really appriciate for your support!

The explanation given from you helps me to understand what the command has the function.

Thank you very much once again!

Yjamada

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card