E.164 MWI not working form Unity Connection

Answered Question
Mar 8th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

I am trying to set up a CUCM and Unity Connection system using E.164 DNs on the lines (e.g. \+44203XXXXXX), with the goal of eaasy CUCIMOC intergation. Both are version 7.1.3.

Unity Connection doesn't seem to support numbers formatted in this way as the Extension for a mailbox, but it does support it as an Alternate Extension. I've been able to get around most issues with Translations and Transformation patterns, but I can't get MWI to work.

I have a translation pattern from the Unity Connection trunk that prefixes the +, but because the callled party is the MWI number this doesn't help. The CUCM log reports that it's an invalid extension still because the + is missing.

I would imagine many other people must have come across this if using E.164 numbering. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Peter

Correct Answer by at about 7 years 4 months ago

hi,

i had the same problem - and i solved it with the change of the service parameter multiple tenant mwi modes in CUCM Call Manager Service

"Mutliple Tenant MWI Modes" - This parameter specifies whether to apply translation patterns to voice-message mailbox numbers. Valid values specify True (Cisco CallManager uses translation patterns to convert voice-message mailbox numbers into directory numbers when your voice-messaging system issues a command to set a message waiting indicator) or False (Cisco CallManager does not translate the voice-message mailbox numbers that it receives from your voice-messaging system).

This Parameter should be "True" to look for Translation Patterns for MWI !!

hope this helps

alex

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
at Tue, 03/09/2010 - 10:38
User Badges:

hi,

i had the same problem - and i solved it with the change of the service parameter multiple tenant mwi modes in CUCM Call Manager Service

"Mutliple Tenant MWI Modes" - This parameter specifies whether to apply translation patterns to voice-message mailbox numbers. Valid values specify True (Cisco CallManager uses translation patterns to convert voice-message mailbox numbers into directory numbers when your voice-messaging system issues a command to set a message waiting indicator) or False (Cisco CallManager does not translate the voice-message mailbox numbers that it receives from your voice-messaging system).

This Parameter should be "True" to look for Translation Patterns for MWI !!

hope this helps

alex

Peter Cresswell Mon, 03/22/2010 - 09:24
User Badges:

Thanks very much Alex.

This works, although it seems that using the "prefix digits" field does not. By using the mask field instead it does the trick.

Cheers,

Peter

btmulgrew Tue, 05/11/2010 - 09:53
User Badges:

Guys - thanks for this great info, however, I'm still not managing to light MWI in CUCM 7.1.3 with SCCP integration with CUC 7.1.3.

I have set the "Multiple Tenant MWI Mode" to true and set the "MWI APDU digit translation CSS" to include a TP.  This TP matches the mailbox numbers in the called party and adds the + in the mask but i still see the normal mailbox number being passed in the SDI traces.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

thks

Brian

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content