cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMZ Setup

DialerString_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a server that needs to be added to my DMZ, however the server and the ASA are in two different buildings! The building are connected via fiber and I have vlan setup on both sides.

Is it possible to add the server to the DMZ w/o moving it?  I was thinking that maybe I could do this with Vlans - and setup intervlan routing.  Any ideas would help and thanks..

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the connection between your buildings layer 2 or layer 3? If it's layer 2, are you trunking?

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a server that needs to be added to my DMZ, however the server and the ASA are in two different buildings! The building are connected via fiber and I have vlan setup on both sides.

Is it possible to add the server to the DMZ w/o moving it?  I was thinking that maybe I could do this with Vlans - and setup intervlan routing. Any ideas would help and thanks..

Hi,

For this you need to have connectivity between the building via l2 or l3,if l2 then allow the dmz vlan over the trunk so that same vlan will be available at other building,in this case it will be layer 2 connectivity where your ASA is also residing and they will come under same segment.

Hope to help!!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: