ICM Call Types and Service Level

Answered Question
Mar 8th, 2010

I have a question about how to accuratly get Service Level from a call type.  I want my service level to be 30 seconds.  In my ICM script I have a main call type that tracks every call coming in.

I Have 3 call types that track options.  Opt1 leave a voicemail, Op2 self help, Opt3 agent.

Would I change the Main call type to 30 seconds or would I change the Opt3 call type or both.  I think I would set the Opt3 call type but the consultant that designed the script and call flow for the company I work for set it on the Main call type.

Thanks in Advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes

You want to set this on the final call type set before the script that does the "Queue to Skill Group". That seems like Opt3.

All calls coming in on the Main call type will change call type - to Op1, Opt2 or Opt3. You will normally see (say) 100 calls offered and 100 calls in "flow out" or Overflow Out in a WebView report on the Main call type. You won't get abandoned counts or ASA on this call type - it's not the final call type.

The other call types give "peg counts" - the final call type in the queuing script in IPCC gives you ASA, abandoned and service level.

Regards,

Geoff

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer

You want to set this on the final call type set before the script that does the "Queue to Skill Group". That seems like Opt3.

All calls coming in on the Main call type will change call type - to Op1, Opt2 or Opt3. You will normally see (say) 100 calls offered and 100 calls in "flow out" or Overflow Out in a WebView report on the Main call type. You won't get abandoned counts or ASA on this call type - it's not the final call type.

The other call types give "peg counts" - the final call type in the queuing script in IPCC gives you ASA, abandoned and service level.

Regards,

Geoff

david.macias Tue, 03/09/2010 - 02:13

Just one more note, because I see a lot of people do this.  Your final calltype before going into queue should be just that your FINAL calltype.  Avoid resetting this at all costs.  The only exeption would be where you're sending the call to VM or to a 3rd party after being in queue for a predetermined amount of time.  This will give you the cleanest reporting.

david

Del H Tue, 03/09/2010 - 05:27

Good to know.  I typically would only put another call type in my queue script for RONA calls.  Over the last 5 years that I have been working with ICM I have gotten mixed feed back from consultants on doing that.  Some says its good to use a RONA call type some say it is not needed.

What is your opinion?

david.macias Tue, 03/09/2010 - 05:32

Yes to having a RONA CT.  RONA are really "new" calls so it makes sense to track them seperately.  Additionally, you want to report on them in case you have an agent or agents who love to walk away from their phones.

david

hopewell2 wrote:

Over the last 5 years that I have been working with ICM I have gotten mixed feed back from consultants on doing that.  Some says its good to use a RONA call type some say it is not needed.

What is your opinion?

Well, I'm a bit out there on RONA itself, let alone a special call type for RONA -  and my policy is - NO RONA!!!

There is nothing good about RONA in terms of customer service - nothing good at all. It promotes sloppy agents and poor practices within the contact center.

If you get up from your seat and leave yourself in the ready state, I'll dock your pay and put you on notice. Do it again and I'll fire you.  That usually sorts out the problem.

Regards,

Geoff

Del H Tue, 03/09/2010 - 06:08

LOL, I agree there Geoff,

We have several groups were the supervisor has not logged in to webview for months.  They are simply just to busy to run reports or try to figure them out.  Example, our pathology lab call center had one agent that had 34 RONA calls in one day...  There are 6 agents that talk on average 440 calls per day.  That is excessive on my book.  Is it poor training by the supervisor, is it forgetfullness by the agent.

When the supervisor had to pull a report to terminate an employee she fell over at the amount or RONA calls her entire team was getting.  Since then if you get more then one RONA a day your get a corrective action.  To many in a month and your out of there!

david.macias Tue, 03/09/2010 - 06:13

Training begins with the supervisors.  Ensure the sups know and understand and use the tools that are available and have clear metrics and your agents will work as expected.

david

mknepper Mon, 04/08/2013 - 12:51

My client is using RONA today so I need to maintain it. I have so far used a Call Type but it is causing my "Handled Calls" to be incorrect in a Call Type report. What do I give up by not using a RONA Call Type?

Thanks,

Mark

Actions

This Discussion