CCIE Lab prep question

Unanswered Question
Mar 8th, 2010

I passed the written exam for the CCIE wireless and I am now starting my prep for the lab exam.  I was going to attend a lab boot camp in addition to purchasing access to a remote lab and associated work book.  Equipment is hard to come by so I am scrounging what I can little by little.

My question is this, should I take the boot camp early on, or as close to the lab exam as possible?  Also, with that in mind, when should I do the remote lab?

Thanx, any help is greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cosmicfox Sat, 03/27/2010 - 10:08

First off congrats on going for your Lab. Depending on how you learn a Bootcamp would be a great choice. The best path in my mind is look at end to end products from INE or IPexperts. What you will want to do is start with the basic knowledge of the lab items. then you will get into the mind set of the lab, and the long hours of prep. If you are going to do a bootcamp you should save it until one month before your lab date. This will give you an extra boost, plus give you time to master what you have learned. For equipment you might be able to get some study time on GNS3 or you can rent a rack session to get a full fill of the lab.

Reza Sharifi Sat, 03/27/2010 - 14:08

Hi Seth,

Like the other poster said, leave to boot camp for about a month before your lab.  For now, you should master all the blue print requrement for whichever CCIE you are going for.  I think on average you need about 700 hours of hands-on.  Start taking the remote labs after you have about 300 to 400 hours of practice.  Keep in mined that if you are going for R&S the new version (4) has also a troubleshooting section.

This Discussion