cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me conference bridge problems

Steve Baker
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing problems when trying to use the Meet Me function for a conference call. Whenever I try pressing the Meet Me softkey and dial one of the allocated Meet Me DN's I get an engaged / busy tone.

I am using a software conference bridge and have confirmed that this is selected in the relevant MRG. The conference bridge also appears to be in the correct device pool and using the G.711 audio codec. I have checked that there is no conflict with the Meet Me number range and any existing DN's.

Call Manager version is 6.1.3

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steve

Definately sounds like a problem negotiating the codec, assuming that you definately have the IP VMS service running, and shown as 'registered' when you list the conference bridges...

Otherwise your MRGs may not be correct...

If you aren't convinced, a good rough test to verify that your regions etc are at fault is to move the conf device into the same device pool as the three phones you are testing the conference with, reset the conference bridge, and try the ad-hoc conf (the intra-region default coded is G711, unless you have changed this - verify by dialling between the two phones and hitting ??)

If that doesn't work, then move the conf bridge you want to use out of any MRGs that it is a member of. In the partition it's available for use by any device.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Have you verified the Partition of the Meet-Me numbers is in your CSS?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes I can confirm that the partition of the MeetMe numbers is in the CSS

Steve

Does ad-hoc conference works on the very same phone you're using for meet-me?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Geeting the same problem with Ad-Hoc. I press confrn softkey, dial dial another participant which connects fine but when I press Confrn softkey again I get an engaged busy tone. Tried it from the same and different phones.

Hi Steve

Definately sounds like a problem negotiating the codec, assuming that you definately have the IP VMS service running, and shown as 'registered' when you list the conference bridges...

Otherwise your MRGs may not be correct...

If you aren't convinced, a good rough test to verify that your regions etc are at fault is to move the conf device into the same device pool as the three phones you are testing the conference with, reset the conference bridge, and try the ad-hoc conf (the intra-region default coded is G711, unless you have changed this - verify by dialling between the two phones and hitting ??)

If that doesn't work, then move the conf bridge you want to use out of any MRGs that it is a member of. In the partition it's available for use by any device.

Regards

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your help. There was a problem with one of the other regions codecs as it was on G.729. All are now on G.711 and seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

Good to hear it's working.

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: