Provisioning personal directory differences between spa9xx and spa502G

Unanswered Question
Mar 9th, 2010

I have a system set up to provision personal directorys on the spa9xx series phones. This is an example of the syntax used to do this from a linux terminal: wget --post-data "22765=n%3DOffice1;p%3D123456&22701=n%3D" http://ipaddressofphone/ This will provision the directory of the phone with an entry for Office1 with phone number 123456.

I am trying to use the same system on a spa502G but it just returns a 404 not found error. Does anyone know if Cisco have removed the script from the phone, if they have renamed it or moved it?

Any ideas on this greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bmgriffin Tue, 03/09/2010 - 08:17

Hi Alberto,

That's kind, thanks very much for your help!

Looking forward to their answer.

Ben Griffin

Date: 09/03/2010 16:11

Subject: New message: "Provisioning personal directory differences between spa9xx and

A new message was posted in the thread "Provisioning personal directory

differences between spa9xx and spa502G":

Author : Alberto Montilla

Profile :

andrewhotlab Tue, 03/09/2010 - 15:34

That's interesting. I was trying to provision the personal directory to the SPA500 series, but I have not found anything.

Really, there is no way to deploy it in the same manner we can deploy all other configuration data?

bmgriffin Thu, 03/11/2010 - 07:56

Yes it does work with :)

Thank you very much Alberto, this is a great help!

andrewhotlab Thu, 03/11/2010 - 14:34

It sounds good, but would not be more "logical" to deploy this type of data in the same way we deploy phone configuration parameters, through provisioning files published over HTTP/S ?

The tool you are using to push the data to the phones is self-made... would not be great to have a tool "officially supported" by Cisco to create and manage the provisioning files?

If I can make a suggestion, I guess that the development effort to make such a tool would be well worth it. Today managing provisioning files "by hand" is actually a pretty error-prone job, so who needs to automate this process is forced to build a self-made tool. I think it would be a great help to have at least a framework (something more than the SPC tool) to start from.

Anyone else thinks it would be useful?

This Discussion

Related Content