I've done some searches on the forums and CCO and I am still not clear about the Cisco recommended steps for my customers scenario:
- Customer has a VM install of Unity 4.0(4) on Windows 2000 and wants to end up with Cisco Unity 7.0 in UM mode on a new server.
Ideally we would like to leave the existing environment and build the new Unity 7.0 server and migrate user information across. We are looking for the least painful route for the customer.
So far I've found:
1. Rebuild new server with exact same software as current server but on Windows 2003.
2. DiRT backup the old server and DiRT restore onto new server.
3. Replace current server with new server.
4. Run for a while.
5. Do an insitu upgrade of 4.0(4) server to 7.0 server (requires down time)
In this process how do I handle the change from voicemail to unified messaging? Is there a better way of getting to 7.0?