cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point to Multipoint Mesh Connection...

Raju_Talele_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have to create Mesh connection in Campus. So I am planning to use 1524 as a outdoor Mesh bridge with 5508 as Wireless Lan Controller and for indoor I will be planning to use 1140. Can anybody tell me that this solution is correct or not ?

Thanks and Regards

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you planning to use one or two WLC?  1140, according to the data sheet and Q & A, doesn't support Mesh firmware.  Therefore, you need at least 2 WLC:  One running Mesh firmware and one running LWAP firmware.

Hi,

I am considering only one Wireless LAN Controller ie 5508.

Thank and Regards

If this is the case then you need to reconsider your solution.  As I said in my first post, 1140 does NOT support Mesh firmware and the 1524 does NOT support LWAP AP.

You have the following option:
1.  For the second WLC, get the affordable WLC-2100. 
2.  IF you want to run all mesh firmware, use either the 1130 or the 1240.

Hi,

I reconsider my proposal and will use either 1130 or 1240 with one controller .

Thanks and Regards

The 1524 and 1140 will co-exist just fine on a 5508. You just can't turn the 1140 into a Mesh AP.

However, according to:

Re: ASK THE EXPERT - CISCO AP-1140 ACCESS POINT

Current indoor mesh is supported on the AP-1240 and AP-1130 Access Points using the 5.2 version of code.  Newer Access Points such as the AP-1250 and AP-1140 (802.11n) Access Points will be supported on a later version of code in the near future. Indoor mesh is not supported on earlier Access Points.

This makes it sound like the 1140 and 1250 are slated to be Indoor Mesh capable. Though I personally am not aware of this timeline. Maybe your account team does?  I'd hate for you to settle on the 1130 Series because today it can;t do Mesh, when next month it may?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajendra,

If the 1524 and 1140 will support Mesh in the future, I'd recommend that you get a smaller WLC2100 to bridge the gap.

If you find any of our postings helpful or applicable to your topic, please rate them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card