Views
Helpful
Replies

acs 4.2.1.15 appliance with vendor Huawei

t.waibel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a new acs appliance (1113) with version 4.2.1.15 and we have successfully imported the codes for the new vendor Huawei.

In the webgui of the appliance you can choose the different administration levels for users and groups.

unfortunately we have the problem that RADIUS requests from any Huawei device will not arrive at the acs appliance. we do not see any entry in the logfiles.

has anybody experiencies with the vendor Huawei and RADIUS request ?

best regards

Torsten Waibel

P.S.: funnily enough we have no problem with our old acs server (1112) and version 4.0

7 Replies 7

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

we have a new acs appliance (1113) with version 4.2.1.15 and we have successfully imported the codes for the new vendor Huawei.

In the webgui of the appliance you can choose the different administration levels for users and groups.

unfortunately we have the problem that RADIUS requests from any Huawei device will not arrive at the acs appliance. we do not see any entry in the logfiles.

has anybody experiencies with the vendor Huawei and RADIUS request ?

best regards

Torsten Waibel

P.S.: funnily enough we have no problem with our old acs server (1112) and version 4.0

Hi,

If you have sucessfully imported the VSA in ACS and there is no log coming in ACS log file then need to do some troubleshooting you need to span the port of huawei port and acs port check that when ever you login into huawei devices at that any request goes to ACS or not and any log messages in huawei devices regarding the aaa packets that will give some view to troubleshoot the problem.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi,

there was am mismatch between the vendor action codes for the database versions 4.0 and 4.2.

After Cisco send us the correct action codes the vendor import was succesfull.

Best regards

Torsten

hi t.waibel i hope that you are fine,

so i want configure Radius on a Huawei equipenments S3900 & S5300 with ACS 4.2 for windows.

if it's possible you tel me how you did to configure this switchs to be authenticated by using ACS server 4.2.

remark:i can't find the code vendor of huawei. tell me also what is the code

thank you

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if someone have the code or the config in Huawei S3900 to be  authenticated by using ACS server 4.2 ???

Thank you !!!

David - I could help you on ACS 4.2 side if you have a list of vendor specific attribute.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

You can try atleast with Radius IETF aaa client. Try to push Radius-IETF (Service-type) attribute = Administrator for read/write access.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Hi Jatin -  I already could have access to S9300 Device, but with telnet using a configuration of Kevin (https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11981766/hwtacacs-integration-acs-cisco).

I´m trying to limit the access from Shell Command Authorization Sets options at ACS but I can not use any commands.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: