Linksys SLM2048 Dropping Connections

Unanswered Question
Mar 9th, 2010
User Badges:

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  We purchased 6 Linksys SLM2048 switches, assuming the Linksys and Cisco brands would get us some good equipment.  However, I've found just the opposite.  For some reason, random ports on the switches will just occasionally go out.  I will still be able to ping via a command line to something, but almost all other network traffic will be blocked.  It doesn't occur on every port on the switch at once (usually). And it usually requires me to restart the switch to bring it back up.  But at this point, I'm rebooting our switches about once a week just to try to keep them running.  Personally, I don't think this is acceptable, especially from a nominally Cisco product.

I even updated the firmware to the most recent version and all that did was change the admin password on half the switches to something unknown so now I can't even log into the switches to check their logs or reboot them remotely!  And I can't just easily do a factory reset and start from scratch, since these switches are in a live environment.  I'm really hoping someone else has had this problem and can point me in the right direction, or at least can feel my pain.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content