Helpful
Replies

Simultaneously Page through phones and overhead speakers

priyank.kiran
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am working on a requirement for paging which is kind of unique in a way -

What will happen is when a outside caller calls into the autoattendant, the caller hears the welcome greeting and is presented with options say 1, 2, 3... Based on the option the caller selects, the call is placed into the appropriate queue and will send out a page with a pre-recorded wav file to the overhead page and all the 10 phones (speakers) inside a store.

The AA piece and the call queuing with the recorded wav files is in place and is functional. All I am trying to find out if there is a way inside UCM to make this PAGE work simultaneously through the speakerphone as well as the overhead page.

Call Manager version - 7.1.3

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

seaman0555
Level 1
Level 1

The only way I have seen to page through speakers is to use a Citrix server.

schneidehouse
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar request.

I am also brand new to this, so please be gentle.

I came into an existing installation where there is currently overhead paging (which works fine).   The people here told me that they used to get paged via the phones (and that worked fine at the time).

There is a small group of office workers who cannot hear the overhead page, and want to be paged via their phones.  I can't locate any information on simultaneous paging.   The brochures say you can page externally OR internally, but nothing about doing both (Paging: internal through IP phones or to external system ).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

About Cisco Unified CallManager Express
Operating System: Cisco Internetwork Operating System. Cisco IOS (tm) UC500
Cisco IOS Software: UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M
Software Version: 12.4(20)T2 / CME 7.0(0)
Feature Package: IP|IPv6|BGP|IS-IS|FIREWALL|VOICE|PLUS|QoS|HA|NAT|3DES|MPLS|VPN|SSH|IPSE